Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Coding invoices.
- Prepare and process checks for multi companies.
- Update and maintain vendor database.
- Able to process and enter 200-300 invoices per week.
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs coping and filing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and employees. .
Qualifications & Skills:
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and 10 key.
- Data entry experienced.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Prior experience in Accounts Payable – minimum 1 year