Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries seeks an Accounts Payable Clerk for our facility in Chandler, AZ. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for maintaining, controlling, receiving, and processing of invoices and related freight invoices pertaining to Zekelman Industries.
- Receive and match packing slips to invoices daily
- Input invoices into SAP, verifying PO and receiving matches invoice, scan into IMS for storage
- Coordinate payments to subcontractors with project managers for lien waiver process, ensuring appropriate waivers are issued with/ahead of payments
- Follow up on all lien waivers issued to ensure formal signed copy returned for file prior to next payment issuance
- Ensure invoices for services on framework POs are properly approved prior to payment
- Follow up with purchasing on any discrepancies (pricing, qty, etc.) or stockroom for missing packing slips
- Manage all pre-payment deposits to ensure payments aren’t duplicated
- Manage blocked items regularly to ensure they are unblocked for timely payment
- Co-manage daily ACH payment runs, weekly cheque payment runs, adhoc cheque payments for all companies and currencies
- Ensure all tax payments are issued timely in accordance to schedule provided by Tax Group
- Verify that payment information is assigned to all invoices in IMS after payments are posted in SAP
- Review weekly all GRIR accounts under responsibility to manage older items
- Manage open issues list and weekly report of open purchase orders without goods receipts to facilitate creation of AP accrual each month end
- Manage manual AP accrual each month end for all items not processed, by company, by currency with all required support for audit purposes
- Review weekly all cost center assignments in specific ledger sequences, have items corrected as required for month end reporting purposes
- Reconcile all AP subledgers to GL, manage download of all subledgers in all required formats for audit purposes, process account reconciliations through Blackline tool for approval
- Manage Outstanding Cheque Register regularly to ensure no stale dated cheques
- Monitor subledgers for items over due to ensure payments are processed in timely manner
- Review vendor statements regularly
- Manage lease reconciliations for all locations under responsibility
- Maintain tracking files for all utilities by location and meter for budgeting and annual governmental reporting purposes
- Support all audits as required for necessary support for AP related items
- Maintain detailed procedures/work instructions for all tasks under responsibility
- Assist with ERP implementation
- Create and maintain monthly AP accruals
- Enter transactions to record intercompany debit and credit memos
- College Diploma & accounting experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of personal computer spreadsheet software applications, knowledge of invoicing systems, computer applications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.