The Accounts Payable Associate shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
The majority of the Accounts Payable Associate’s job will include a high-volume of processing, data entry, scanning and filing of invoices, and analysis of financial information.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, proficient with and enjoy detail work, and be able to work without direct supervision. It is imperative that he or she can work well with numbers and be proficient with and enjoy detail work. He or she will be required to proficiently operate a ten-key calculator and perform data entry on a computer. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Experience using database applications is preferred. The candidate will also be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as, have a good telephone voice and a pleasant disposition. Also, the candidate should be able to work well with others in order to coordinate activities with other departments and supervisors.
He or she will be required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Will be required to lift and move large amounts of paperwork (boxes of files). Will be required to stoop, bend, and reach above the head and below the knees to file and retrieve data. Some overtime may be required. May require differing hours or Saturday work.
• 1 – 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable
• Accounting knowledge
• Basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
• A self-starter with strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with a ten-key calculator
• Previous experience with data entry
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work well with numbers
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable department
• Previous experience using database applications
• Manipulating/creating Excel spreadsheets
Hiland Dairy Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability