Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including reporting and special projects. As part of the function, individual will interact with third party service providers to manage account payable functions. Additionally, individual will assist internal Sharp questions/task and external Vendor with their inquiries and task. Responsible for looking for ways to improve the the current process with an emphasis on cost reduction, improved accuracy and efficiencies.
- Producing monthly/quarterly accounts payable reports focusing on spend, terms and invoice processing data.
- Interface directly with third party service providers supporting accounts payable. Responsible to answer all inquiries and resolve problems that arise taking independent corrective action when necessary.
- Respond to and resolve internal and external customer inquiries, establish and maintain vendor relationships. Assume role of key troubleshooter for all vendor issues/problems.
- Respond to audit inquiries and explaining findings.
- Work directly with bank on questionable payments and decide if they should be paid or rejected. This is critical to help prevent fraud.
- Ensure compliance with department processing procedures and controls.
- Heavily involved in day to day problem solving decisions.
- Ensure accuracy of system output.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Partner with other functional areas to optimize the workflow and resolve issues.
- Work closely with department Manager on managing the department and special projects.
- Develop an understanding of SAP integration and system financial configuration. Work with system support area to identify and resolve system issues.
- Perform ad hoc reporting on request.
- Work with IT to integrate additional business units or company code codes (DBA, SNDSA).
- Test IT changes in SCQ.
- A minimum of an Associates Degree in Business or Accounting required with a minimum of 3 years prior AP experience preferred.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of SEC policies and procedures.
- Requires a superior knowledge of commonly used personal computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Superior leadership skills.
Sharp Electronics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer – minority/female/disability/veteran