The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for accurate and timely management of accounting records. This position requires an individual that has a desire to serve both internal and external customers with the ability to manage multiple priorities with deadlines while
maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Ensure that all invoices are reviewed and processed accurately and in a timely manner, meeting all discount and payment deadlines;
- Assist with the generation of weekly check run/ACH payment to vendors;
- Respond to vendor or internal inquiries and research to resolve concerns or discrepancies;
- Prepare and post accounting documents including but not limited to requisitions, expense reports, and general expenses;
- Reconcile vendor statements routinely and maintain vendor master files;
- Analyze, code, prioritize and process invoicing for ingredients, freight and plant operating expenses;
- Maintain detailed and complete records;
- Assist with month end closing ensuring invoices are processed within the month received;
- Prepare year end 1099s for vendors and IRS prior to deadlines;
- Perform other required tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, but not required.
- At least three (3) years with proven accounts payable experience;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as accounting and accounts payable systems, managing files and records, and other office procedures;
- Strong attention to detail and organization;
- Excellent proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PDF programs;
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff;
- Ability to convey information effectively and clearly both in both verbal and written form;
- Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative;
- Must be reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling of obligations;
- Must be detail oriented, results oriented and able to embrace and adapt to change, along with the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.