GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable mail, date stamp, route among departments and yards to obtain an authorization signature and original documentation
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Acts as liaison between corporate and branch
- Answers all vendor inquiries
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files
- Provide support to accounting team during month-end closing
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Follow and maintain the AP cycle
- Cross train where needed
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and solve problems
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Microsoft Word & Excel
- Demonstrate knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 80%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Will frequently communicate with management and coworkers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to assess documents, spreadsheets, financial statements, and etc.
- Must be able to move any files weighing up to 20 pounds for audits or etc.
- Constantly works in indoor office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress level depending on projects and deadlines
- Must be able to multitask various projects ongoing simultaneously
- Must be able to receive and process financial information
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER