JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for an Accounts Manager.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Defense Products Account Manager is responsible for managing the Allison Transmission, Inc. (ATI) international cross drive military business by developing business relationships with existing or potential international Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military tracked vehicle programs and associated customers. Perform internal activities and support external activities for the purpose of generating product or service parts sales. Primary areas of focus will be Turkey and Middle East defense markets.
- Treat teammates with respect and courtesy while working in a challenging, demanding, cross-functional and matrixed organization.
- Lead cross-functional efforts as required.
- Manage business relationships and responsibilities with military tracked combat vehicle OEMs, integrators and end users to maximize business growth in this sector.
- Utilize business relationships and market intelligence to identify international tracked vehicle opportunities early in the development phase and ensure that customers have every opportunity to engineer an ATI product into their final solution.
- Ensure that required ATI resources are available for design, prototype and test phases.
- Obtain and maintain high degree knowledge of ATI military products. Interface with engineering to address customer business and technical matters as required.
- Either lead or support efforts to develop detailed customer requirements, timelines, then create Proposals to include Pricing, Terms and Conditions and Statements of Work required to successfully win then execute complex international defense vehicle programs.
- Coordinate and execute letters of credit with customers.
- Develop customer knowledge and actively identify and work to qualify additional capable international OEMS and Systems Integrators.
- Shape the market by advancing strategic partnering agreements early in the requirements generation phase.
- Ensure export licenses are in place for required customers/programs.
- Work actively with regional distributors to ensure that their participation is covered by export licenses.
- Provide detailed inputs to multiple business processes.
- Develop prioritization of sales / marketing material and promotional events. Ensure active regional support for international events
- Serve as Cadence team leader for crucial development programs.
- Provide Sales input to Product Planning.
- Identify and track international market opportunities for tracked vehicle transmission programs
- Manage the ATI business relationships with assigned Authorized International Licensees.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technical or equivalent experience
- 5 years' Account Management experience.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Proven skill at generating clear, concise formal presentations for leadership
- Strong ability to solve problems
- Strong team leadership skills, high level of interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and driven by following the program process of execution
- Proven history of setting and meeting goals for all deliverables.
- Strong computer skills including keyboarding and use of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the candidate must be a U.S. Person (i.e. US Citizen or green card holder).
- Experience working with vehicle manufacturing in the commercial industry or military.
- International business experience.
- Occasional (3 to 4 weeks per year)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.