Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under limited supervision, oversees and performs highly specialized accounting, budget development, or financial analysis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the company's policies and procedures. May represent the site on company-wide task forces or teams and may provide guidance to accounting personnel at other sites.
- Performs or serves as team leader in assembling complex and interrelated financial analyses and reports
- Serves as team leader in the compilation, analysis, presentation and monitoring of the consolidated annual budget for the site
- Develops and presents sophisticated financial models to assist in tactical and strategic planning for the site
- Analyzes financial operations and recommends enhancements to policies or procedures; reviews and recommends new or enhanced automated financial systems
- Oversees and assists in audit preparation by developing required schedules and reconciliation reports; monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for regular and special projects
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related area and five (5) years of experience in financial analysis, budget development or public accounting or related area
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in accounting field of specialization
- Skilled in leading complex financial projects
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability