Accounting Supervisor / Internal Auditor
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our New Castle, DE Headquarters! This is not a traditional internal auditor role so don’t let experience stop you from applying! We can teach the right candidate the audit portion of the role and will invest in your learning. This person will conduct audits of all phases of United Electric’s operations in accordance with acceptable audit standards, providing management with analyses, appraisals, and recommendations. In addition, this person will be involved in sales tax, inventory costing and internal controls & processes. The ideal candidate has 5 – 10 years of experience in finance and a desire to learn.
- Assist to develop the organization’s yearly audit plan.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies by providing short and long-term planning.
- Works with management and the audit committee to ensure a system is in place that ensures that all major risks of the organization are identified and analyzed.
- Conducts audits to determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, reports on the findings and recommendations and monitors management’s response and implementation.
- Keeps up to date on sales and used tax laws to monitor compliance.
- Continue to monitor and audit inventory costing (weighted average cost vs replacement cost).
- Research the latest trends and other issues relating to the industry especially from an IT audit perspective.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Help to verify the exactness of different financial situations as they relate to liabilities, assets, expenditures, receipts, and other transactions.
- Guide and advise the team in the organization to ensure that the development and processes adopted are legal, and work to achieve a wide range of organizational goals
- Monitor compliance of accident/Incident reports for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
- Understand and monitor all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Perform other related assignments as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Strong knowledge of basic audit standards, procedures and techniques required to perform audits.
- Ability to analyze information, identify problems, and formulate solutions in accounting systems and related areas.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Strong knowledge in the area of financial record keeping procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Computer skills: possess knowledge of Microsoft Suites, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and also proficiency in the use of audit and accounting software.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity to be able to adhere to regulations and its total compliance
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.