- Offers a unique opportunity to do monthly accounting activities while also using analytical skills, research, and problem-solving to creatively improve the Company’s costing analysis, system developments, and accounting procedures.
- Responsible for all expense related items on the income statement. Would be critical team member with production and management to understand expense variation, material cost of goods sold, sales pricing analysis, and add value where needed.
- Review and analyze monthly activity and report to management and production teams on actual activity vs. forecast.
- Assist Controller with cost accounting projects, tracking CIP projects, and monitoring the effectiveness/accuracy of repair and maintenance projects.
- Assist Controller with month end accounting duties including, but not limited to, ensuring proper cut-off for invoicing, account reconciliations, inventory and material cost of goods sold, journal entries, financial reporting, and forecasting.
- Assist with pricing and cost analysis on an individual customer basis in order to help the Company maximize profits.
- Assist with the development and improvement of the company accounting, purchasing, and consolidation systems.
- Assist with process and control mapping, identify and implement process improvements.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in accounting degree or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in related field
- Relevant core-competencies required: time management, highly organized, project management and multi-tasking, applying effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Dedication to minor details and ensuring accuracy of all work products.
- Exceptional and proven verbal and written communication skills.Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Certified Public Accountant in active status or intent to pass the CPA Exam within one (1) year.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with OneStream Software
- Experience with month end closings and reconciling general ledger accounts.
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.