The Accounting Specialist assists with the day to day functions of the Corporate Accounting Team with a focus on accounts receivable and accounts payable and responsibility for cash applications and supplier invoices. This role processes AR and AP transactions for NGL’s Water Solutions business segment and performs all job duties in a timely and accurate manner.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes remote deposit of live checks.
- Collaborates with internal teams to resolve unidentified cash receipts.
- Works with customers and internal departments to resolve unapplied cash receipts.
- Creates invoices, debit memos and credit memos, including but not limited to bad debt write offs and account adjustments.
- Processes supplier invoices using Oracle Cloud, ensuring accuracy and legitimacy of invoice information, correct coding, supporting documentation and financial authorization.
- Meets Accounting Department standards for invoice processing and timeframes associated with payment schedules and close schedules (month end, quarter end, etc.).
- Troubleshoots and researches invoice issues including outstanding credits, open invoices, invoices pending approval, etc.
- Adheres to Company and Accounting Department policies and procedures including SOX controls.
- Participates in ERP and operational system enhancements, upgrades and/or migrations as assigned.
- Assists with accounting integration tasks associated with acquisitions.
- Cultivates positive, productive relationships with other functional teams such as Operations, Treasury, Credit/Risk and Tax.
- Anticipates customer (internal and external) needs and fosters excellent customer service.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with particular expertise in accounts receivable and accounts payable processing.
- Ability to research and resolve issues, both from a system and accounting perspective.
- Ability to work professionally and proactively with NGL’s business segment leaders, addressing their particular business needs while adhering to Accounting team standards.
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting software systems and experience using large ERP systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with ability to interact across all employee levels, including executive management.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent experience is required. Associates degree or above preferred.
- Three or more years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment.
- ERP system knowledge (Oracle Cloud preferred).
- General ledger experience is a plus.
Negligible travel required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Hourly: $27.00 - $29.00