California Dairies, Inc. is the leading dairy processing cooperative in California. As a farmer-owned cooperative, we operate several processing facilities located throughout California. CDI employees are highly valued and are provided competitive benefits packages and career growth plans.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for updating daily, weekly, and monthly inventory and sales reports. This position will provide analytical reports of performance and maintain accurate information, researching unusual account balances, and distribute completed reports to the Plant Controller and Plant Management Team. They will also provide back-up to the Plant Controller and other clerical staff.
- Assists in daily duties that include but are not limited to, posting of daily fluid silo inventory, daily sales, fluid receipts and shipments.
- Assists in production and inventory verification when needed in the warehouses for purposes of tracking gain/loss discrepancies.
- Assists in analysis of gain/loss reporting needed daily.
- Assists operations with the recording of chemical receipts.
- Performs cash control procedures.
- Creates multidepartment purchase requisitions for office supply orders.
- Assists Plant Controller in evaluating accounting procedures for potential improvement in overall processes or efficiencies.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying their cause to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assists plant management when needed with ERP system duties.
- Assists plant management with general ledger account coding verification and review.
- Will need to be the lead accounting point of contact in the Plant Controller’s absence.
- Interacts daily with buyers, vendors, and other managers to ensure accurate and timely invoice processing.
- Must project a professional and positive image to CDI’s vendors and customers (internal and external) and ensures a fully functional operation for the CDI accounts payable system in a manner that adheres to CDI’s policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Must have the ability to get along with co-workers, management personnel, customers, vendors, and employees in accordance with the company policies and working rules while ensuring a harmonious and conducive work environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute towards a quality environment.
- Excellent regular full-time attendance in support of company objectives.
- Use initiative and judgment in making decisions, keeping with California Dairies, Inc. best interests.
- Follow all safety and working rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and have knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Ten-key by touch.
- Must have knowledge of Windows computerized accounting applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated.
- Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear.
- Must be able to articulate to management and assist in implementation of changes needed to improve efficiencies.
- Advanced computational, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Interpersonal phone and one on one skills.
- Ability to work independently and work with all levels of management. Must have a high degree of organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the ability to work within strict timeframes in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to operate the equipment effectively after the appropriate break-in period.
Education and/or Experience
- One to two years’ experience in accounting experience or related field.
- High School graduate, some college accounting classes, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced math reasoning required.
- Type 60 words per minute and 10-key by touch.
- Proficient written and spoken English.
What we offer you in return!
- family medical/dental/vision
- retirement plan
- paid holidays
- paid vacation
- tuition reimbursement
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.