Arlon is recognized as a global leader in graphic films. Arlon is also a certified Great Place to Work company with a team in over 15 countries and manufacturing locations in California (USA), Texas (USA) and Weifang (China).
This is a new position at a rapidly growing manufacturing company leading the Accounting team, being the right hand to the Global. This role will be overseeing the financials for multiple global entities and be responsible for revenue accounting, cost accounting, consolidations, AP, AR, fixed assets, general ledger, tax, payroll and assist with treasury.
Success in this position will be defined as driving a timely and accurate close. The Accounting Manager will develop, improve and document processes to drive towards a best-in-class accounting department and a reduced close timeline. This role will support the Global Controller with other finance and business needs and partner with operations, R&D, sales and other departments to fulfill their reporting and accounting needs.
This role is responsible for management of the Accounting team (up to 6 direct reports, depending on experience) with responsibility for ensuring their work is properly allocated and accurately and timely completed in accordance with business objectives. You will have tight deadlines and responsibility for all accounting activities including general ledger validation, financial reporting, audit requirements and support annual planning activities.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Accounting and Month-end Close
- Tax, Treasury, and Compliance
- Department Management including Talent Development
A detailed job description is available for this role and will be provided to candidates.
Required Skills & Experience
- Active CPA
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- Previous management/supervisory experience in a similar role.
- 7 plus years of accounting experience including experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- SAP knowledge at an advanced level, SME in SAP FICO (preferred) with ability to navigate the system proficiently.
- Must have month end closing and auditing experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP and Internal Controls.
- Must have solid knowledge of overall business processes, including order to cash and procure to pay.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Big 4/Tier 2 experience within manufacturing is preferred
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights/Workday (consolidations) and PowerBI (business intelligence) or similar applications a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, lookup tables, nested formulas, and modeling.
- Ability to create and communicate leadership level summary reports with supporting analysis.
- Experience with global locations in Europe and Asia preferred.
- Languages skills a plus, Dutch or Chinese a distinct advantage.
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, ethics and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and issues simultaneously.
- Proven decision making experience, ability to work without daily supervision and be autonomous.
- Self-motivated with passion towards making a difference, continuous improvement, streamlining touches, achieving personal and team goals and working closely with all members of the Finance and Accounting team.
- Able to effectively communicate across the global organization in support of collaborative cross- functional, and at times, multi-lingual project teams.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18