Job Location: DBMG Headquarters - Phoenix, AZ
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Position Value Proposition
This position will take ownership over the general ledger accounting functions of the Fab-Erect group of companies and the parent company (DBM Global) by maintaining best practice accounting principles, procedures, and policies. This position is “hands-on” and will require the person to both perform tasks and supervise accounting staff as directed. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all information provided is accurate and in compliance with accounting principles and Company policies and procedures. This person needs to be a self-driven with high personal and professional values, attention to detail, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Manage and participate in all aspects of the month-end close procedures for the general ledger (account reconciliations, journal entries, fixed assets, leases, department overhead/expense reviews, etc.).
- Partner with department managers to review overhead expenses and have a thorough understanding of unapplied costs and the impact on the financials.
- Ensure proper accounting of fixed assets and lease transactions including overseeing the closing of fixed asset sub-ledgers and reconciliation of lease-related balances (assets, liabilities and expense)
- Maintain ownership over the chart of accounts and ensure accurate and consistent coding.
- Assist with the documentation of current procedures, modifying where necessary to implement better controls while increasing efficiencies.
- Oversee accounting staff including two staff accountants.
- Work in a SOX-compliant environment and maintain controls surrounding the key processes impacting the Fab-Erect Group and parent company.
- Ensure the accounting staff is preparing financial information monthly/quarterly/annually using approved company financial reporting tools and in compliance with accounting principles and Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with establishing departmental goals and objectives that support company initiatives.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, current knowledge of US GAAP.
- Manage intercompany reconciliations.
- Review and approve property tax filings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- CPA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in general ledger accounting
- Experience in a SOX environment preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
Software & Technology
Position will require the frequent use and knowledge of MS Windows 7 and/or MS Windows 10, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics A/X, Concur, FloQast (or similar), BNA Fixed Assets, Lease Query (or similar) and Planful (or similar).
Position is full-time in office and will potentially require longer hours during close week given Schuff’s parent company is a public company and there are deadlines. This position is indoors in a climate-controlled office. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for those who have disabilities that qualify under the American with Disabilities Act.
Schuff is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.