RBC Bearings Incorporated (NASDAQ: ROLL) is a leading international manufacturer of highly engineered precision bearings and components for the industrial, defense and aerospace industries. Founded in 1919, the Company is primarily focused on producing highly technical and/or regulated bearing products and engineered components requiring sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities for the diversified industrial, aerospace and defense markets. We currently have 31 facilities, of which 28 are manufacturing facilities in five countries and our market capitalization is approximately $5.0 billion.
Accounting Manager – Oxford, CT (in office position)
The Accounting Manager is under the direction of the Assistant Controller and is responsible for the general accounting of the division to which assigned including financial statement and report preparations. This individual is responsible for the general ledger, payables, payroll, property, and budget reporting. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Regularly prepares and reviews the general ledger to assure accuracy and compliance with established accounting principles and procedures.
- Prepares financial and statistical reports as required
- Coordinates and prepares for financial audits as required by outside auditors.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget and coordinating the completion of various required reports
- Prepares and/or reviews required tax returns
- Recommends changes in financial policies and procedures, as necessary
- Monitors internal controls to assure proper compliance.
- Assists with planning and implementing changes in the accounting system.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of the job
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting with 5 to 10 years of exempt level experience in a manufacturing environment or any combination of experience, education and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Accounting and auditing principles and practices
- Principles of governmental financial administration including budgeting, reporting, taxation and revenue.
- Ability to operate computers and various software programs.
- Examining and verifying financial documents and reports
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Supervise, train and evaluate clerical and technical employees.
RBC Bearings is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.