Manages all accounting activities related to reporting requirements, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and adherence to deadlines as required directly at plant level and requested by the corporate office.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located. Company Website
The right candidate will
- Prepare, maintain and ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with standards set by IASB, IFRS guidelines, and US GAAP. Responsible for monthly financial closings and financial statement issuance.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement GL account reconciliations monthly.
- Reconcile WIP, storeroom, and accounts payable, including accruals & accounts receivable details to general ledger account balances daily. Ensure timely invoicing to customers, subsequent cost clearing, and monitoring of accounts receivable collections.
- Ensure accuracy of time and payroll reporting.
- Ensure timely Accounts Payable review and authorizations.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedules.
- Maintain internal controls and compliance initiatives.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual forecasts in conjunction with plant management.
- Present and discuss key financial metrics to plant management.
- Assist plant management in determining and evaluating trends and variances in production.
- Analyze data and inform management of significant changes in cost trends, material cost analysis, or customer profitability, which will result in bottom line improvements.
- Review aged inventory and present information to plant management and develop plans to reduce company liability.
- Produce ad hoc reports and queries for corporate and plant management.
- Prepare and maintain financial budgets.
- Develop and prepare historical and analytical information to facilitate annual budget preparation and presentation.
- Prepare wide variety of costing and budgeting reports and analyze information as necessary.
- Prepare monthly cash flow and expenditure forecasts.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Accounting with three to five years’ accounting experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with general accounting practices from preparation, maintenance, and oversight of financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, reconciliations and general ledger. In addition, experience in cost accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products is required.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and US GAAP.
- Solid knowledge of internal control principles and practices.
- Strong financial analysis abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and compliance initiatives.
- Demonstrated prior success in achieving results using team driven philosophies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting corporate interest from remote site locations.
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.