Sciens Building Solutions is searching for an experienced Accounting Manager professional to join our finance team. Ideally, you are a dynamic, motivated, and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. You will maintain general ledger. You will generate and interpret financial records and statements for management; analyze financial data to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts; and maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization. You will also investigate variance issues.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (and doing well!)
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions and accounting data.
- Perform account analysis and account reconciliations.
- Lead timely completion of month-end close process in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Maintain depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Assist with preparation of information required for fiscal year-end financial statement audit and corporate tax returns.
- Research and provide opinion on proper GAAP accounting treatment for new processes.
- Maintain knowledge of the standards, policies, practices, and procedures of the generally accepted accounting principles. Keep a strong internal control environment.
- Maintenance of general ledger system and related accounting as required.
- Support implementation of a new ERP system and train key resources.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner.
- Participates in special projects as requested.
- Manage and mentor accounting staff.
- Responsible to ensure all employees embrace our safety culture and comply with all safety initiatives.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT YOU!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- Greater than five (5) years of related experience in finance, accounting, audit or related areas.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Project accounting experience.
- Effectively analyze and reconcile financial data with attention to detail.
- Exercise sound judgment in performing subjective accounting analysis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Work independently and successfully as a team member.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and an ability to perform under pressure.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid work ethic.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software (AccuBuild, Microsoft Dynamics D365 ERP); Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- CPA required.
WHAT WE’RE BRINGING TO THE TABLE
- Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Paid time off plan and holidays.
- 401(k) matching.
- Short term and long-term disability.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Life insurance.
- Professional career development opportunities.