Heska is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, Heska provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. Heska’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. Heska is at the forefront of high definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and is a leader in point of care telecytology with a team of experienced clinical pathology specialists. Heska offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the organization's general accounting function with a focus on developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for managing the Company’s internal control structure and ensuring it is adequate. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is detail-oriented, has a high level of integrity, and strong knowledge of accounting principles. The Accounting Manager must be able to effectively work remotely and manage a team remotely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Accounting Oversight:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, which may include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Be willing and able to dig into all details and complete transactions while also keeping a high level and holistic approach to review and management of assigned functions.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities to ensure all transactions are being processed accurately and timely.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including preparation and review of reconciliations, analysis and journal entries as well as overall process management of all tasks and team members involved.
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements in compliance with GAAP and company policy.
- Manage intercompany reconciliation process, specific transactions and ensuring both subledger and general ledger are accurate.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Serve as significant contributor for general ledger or financial system-related upgrades, and/or implementations.
- Perform all duties inherent in a managerial role, including coaching and developing direct reports and assistance with indirect reports.
- Prepare company level financial statements in preparation for consolidation.
- Assist with analysis of all financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings.
- Acts as key contributor and interface for internal and external audits.
- Prepares reports for governmental agencies.
- Communicates with local and foreign subsidiaries to resolve accounting issues in coordination with technical accounting group.
- Ensure compliance with internal control framework by verifying all controls are performed adequately and timely across all process areas and proper documentation to evidence performance is maintained.
- Work with process and control owners to advise/guide, assess, document and facilitate timely implementation and/or updates.
- Assist business/process owners with the development and documentation of appropriate internal controls for any new initiatives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in the accounting field required. Previous managerial experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an ERP system environment preferred, specifically, Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Experience working for a multi-national company preferred.
- Experience working in public accounting or for a publicly traded company required.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments and external entities, including government agencies.
- Ability to perform job with little supervision and consistently displays good judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to understand generally accepted accounting principles and relevant laws, regulations and rules, including as issued and interpreted by the SEC and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting Software and E-mail.
Salary range for this role is $90,000K - $110,000K on an annualized basis. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
Heska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Heska has a generous benefits package available to employees!
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance with AD&D
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Insurance
- Employee Paid Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Retirement Plan 401(k) Traditional and/or Roth + Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, and Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training and Development