Employee: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Bonus Eligible
Reports To: Director of Finance & Controlling
POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting (Accounting, AR, AP, Treasury and Payroll). This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises a team of four staff accountants and is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise and develop the accounting team.
- In partnership with HR, supervise programs which foster a talent development process to attract, develop, retain and advance a diverse pool of accounting employees to support the strategic business goals of the organization.
- Provide timely and accurate reports in order to advise senior executives, managers, employees, and all other stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Germany, senior management, peers, government contacts, and business units for the establishment and administration of accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the financial auditors. Coordinate annual reviews and maintain oversight of any resulting procedural changes.
- Manage accounting strategies, special projects, and confidentiality to the successful conclusion of established goals.
- Responsible for the MACAT contract approval process between Hangrohe NA, Germany and Masco.
- Responsible for federal, state, third-party, and other accounting reports to ensure compliance with GAAP (German & US), SOX, SEC, IRS, OSHA, and all other regulatory agencies.
- Adhere and fulfill all requirements for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001
- In cooperation with Germany, establishes and develops SAP key user best practices for all accounting related functions within the system
- Champion the implementation of new or changing methods for accounting, safety, and other vital functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- “Good Attendance” as per the Hansgrohe Attendance Policy
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills
- Self-driven and high-performance team player
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Power Point software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- Five to ten years experience in all aspects of accounting and be well versed in issues encountered by Controllers
HG Core Competencies: Respecting Diversity, Continuous Improvement, Safety, Customer Focus, and Integrity
Accounting Manager Competencies: Strategic Planning, In-Depth Problem Solving & Analysis, Championing Change, Business Acumen, Delivering Results, Resilience, Coaching & Developing Others, Relationship Management