The Accounting Coordinator 1 is responsible for performing assigned duties within accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices, identifying and rectifying any discrepancies per assigned purchase order.
- Enters invoices into accounting software system; verifies that invoice and vendor information is entered correctly.
- Issues payments to vendors as approved per payment terms.
- Provide payment status to vendors by researching accounts and processing vendor statements.
- Creates accounts receivable invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Follow up with customers to collect payments and keep accounts in good standing.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and performs all associated tasks.
- Research and book site work travel for employees.
- Process monthly credit card statements and coordinate payment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with accounting software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or payroll required.
- Education may be substituted for related experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.