Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clerical accounting activities, such as compiling and sorting documents, calculating and/or verifying amounts, and posting transactions to accounts.
* Prepares cash deposits, reconciles cash transactions to sales journal and maintains cash over/short log.
* Produces reports associated with financial transactions.
* Matches invoices, batches, codes, inputs data into system and prepares for delivery to the central accounting department.
* Inputs information for invoices, vouchers, account statements, and other periodic reports.
* Maintains local vendor files and acts as point of contact for communication regarding discrepancies and/or questions.
This position has no direct reports or supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) year office or accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of general bookkeeping or accounting practices • Good verbal and written communication skills • Knowledge of business mathematics • Ability to compose effective and efficient accounting reports • Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software package
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/SpanishApply Now