Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics brings together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The Controller is part of the Toxicology business unit and will be based in Santa Rosa, CA. This position reports directly to the Finance Director, Toxicology. They are responsible for leading the accounting, financial reporting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions for Santa Rosa, CA in compliance with all GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and procedures. The Controller will sit on the Site Leadership Team of the Santa Rosa site. This position focuses on results achievement and transactional excellence in a complex business environment. Goals will be achieved through effective management of multiple priorities and building effective relationships.
- Lead with following: production of periodic financial reports, production of balance sheet reconciliations, maintenance of an adequate system of account records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with U.S. GAAP.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Statements, Balance Sheet, P&L & Statement of Cash Flows
- Preparation of the monthly General Ledger
- Lead and develop a team of 15 – including 3 direct reports, and 12 indirect reports
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the calculation, posting and relief of all significant balance sheet accruals and reserves
- Help maintain the month end documentation and procedures to comply with GAAP
- Assist with the preparation and submission of monthly & quarterly corporate packages
- Document the Sarbanes-Oxley (302 and 404) compliance across all departments
- Assist to establish/refine policies and procedures related to meeting internal control goals
- Assist, construct & implement operational budgets by site, segment and product lines
- Coordinate with FP&A the review of Actual Plan & Forecast with site managers monthly
- Assist Sr. Accountant and department heads to improve operational and financial processes
- Assist with monitoring Inventory Reports and possible discrepancies
- Assist with monitoring Fixed Assets and possible discrepancies
- Interact in a team-based work environment, participating in meetings, reviews, metric reviews, etc.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned
- Perform Bank Reconciliations as needed
- Prepare and track weekly payroll of permanent and temporary employees
- Responsible for maintaining accurate site headcount by department
- Always maintain confidentiality
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting areas, with increasing responsibility
- Advanced proficiency in using computers, specifically MS Word, Power point, Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP system
- Attention to detail – must have precision in their work, especially as it relates to understanding and documenting complex issues.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of organization
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, computer skills with MS Office applications
- Process orientated, detailed, logical, analytical, meticulous, and highly organized, able to analyze data and implement solutions
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and its application
- Ability to respond and adapt to changing business needs
- Adaptable and willing to take on multiple new tasks and responsibilities while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks within a dynamic work environment
- Understanding and experience with Corporate Finance
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please contact your local HR department.
Accounting & Reporting
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Santa Rosa : 3700-3730 Westwind Blvd.
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf