Job Location: Marietta, GA - MARIETTA, GA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Office
Job Category: Accounting
As the Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for carrying out work activities related to the operation of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and other general accounting while maintaining quality and proficiency when dealing with customers and suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue timely and accurate invoices and monthly customer statements to customers using the companys accounting system.
- Record and process payments from customers in the accounting system.
- Credit card processing and posting.
- Enter invoices into customer invoicing web sites and submit invoices by electronic data interchange when necessary.
- Perform account reconciliations when necessary to research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Process credit memos according to company procedures for issuing of credits.
- Perform Accounts Payable 3-way match process in a timely manner and ensure Accounts Payable accuracy before scanning to remote Accounting office for processing.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
- Track exceptions between shipping logs and invoices.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers via phone, email, or mail as necessary.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Assisting with other accounting duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- HS (or GED) is required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of direct Accounting Clerk work experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of accounts receivable and billing procedures. General knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in accounting software packages. The company uses Open Accounts.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in processing a high volume of transactions.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit team mentality, willing to help and support the team.
- Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related to the job as assigned.
- Typical office tasks, sitting, repetitive computer use.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and subject to random drug screening.
- Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production environment.
- Warehouse environment temperatures may be influenced by outside temperatures.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Fortis Solutions Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.