Job Location: Corporate Office - Woodridge, IL
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day - 1st Shift
Job Category: Accounting
Our company is seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to join our team as we continue to grow. With over 500 employees in several states throughout the US, we are looking for someone with experience, a positive “can-do” attitude, and someone who thrives in fast-paced environments. We are a family-oriented company and looking for someone to jump in with both feet to join the family!
Job Summary: The Accounting Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- The Accounting Clerk Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- The Accounting Clerk Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- The Accounting Clerk Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- The Accounting Clerk will Prepare and process remote deposits to our financial institution.
- The Accounting Clerk will assist the Controller and Accounts Payable department with weekly cash flow reporting.
- The Accounting Clerk drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- The Accounting Clerk creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- The Accounting Clerk will research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts weekly.
- The Accounting Clerk corresponds with Account Managers regarding billing and customer discrepancies.
- The Accounting Clerk corresponds with customers and Management regarding past due accounts.
- The Accounting Clerk assists in generating monthly billing statements.
- The Accounting Clerk assists Controller in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- The Accounting Clerk relays changes of information to appropriate team members.
- The Accounting Clerk assists with Accounts Payable when necessary.
- The Accounting Clerk will perform other related duties as assigned.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K option
- Life Insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert in QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.