Miami, FL, US
Under the direction of the Controller, the accounting clerk will update and maintain financial records, reconcile bank statements, and other assigned accounting task. He or she will be continually focused on sharpening their skills and dedicated to growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Perform routine clerical accounting duties within a fast-paced finance department, while adhering to established accounting standards
- Be a resource for accounts payable and receivable
- Secures financial information by keeping information confidential.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers and databases
- Reconcile bank statements in comparison to general ledger
- Review and balance internal accounts, analyze variances, and prepare appropriate reports, and monitor.
- Match, batch, and coding vendor invoices
- Participate in month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, and other accounting duties in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications
- Natural proficiency with math
- Knowledge of basic financial, and accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with aptitude to learn new systems
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong analytic abilities
- Good customer service skills in order to interact with vendors in a courteous and professional manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- 0-1 years of clerical accounting experience
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D
- 401-K with company matching
Drug free workplace.
Pre-employment drug testing will be required.