LightStyles in Costa Mesa, CA is hiring for an Accounting Clerk stationed onsite.
The Accounting Clerk performs all accounting activities for Lightstyles, including month end close procedures, balance sheet account reconciliations, supporting the annual budgeting process, maintaining accounting systems and controls, creating and posting journal entries to the general ledger, and creating financial and operational reports. Responsible for all general ledger accounts and most subledgers, including but not limited to cash, inventory, fixed assets, prepaids, accrued expenses, debt, sales, cost of sales, opex, and other assets, liabilities, income and expense.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and common accounting practices related to fixed assets, prepaids, accrued expenses, debt, and recognition of revenue and related cost of sales, operating expenses, and depreciation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- General familiarity with POS systems and Sage 50 Accounting software (ASW / AS400 preferred, but not required)
- Accuracy, productivity, problem solving, team work, customer focus, flexibility, and dependability.
- Record sales daily from the POS system into Sage 50 Accounting for each Lightstyles location. Reconcile and post daily cash receipts, AR payments, and customer deposits into Sage 50 Accounting. Create new customer accounts as needed following corporate policies.
- Send out AR Invoices from the respective POS system daily as needed.
- Reconcile AR aging between the POS system and Sage 50 Accounting. Send out monthly customer statements from Sage 50 Accounting. Answer AR questions and follow up on credit collections.
- Make check and cash deposits into company bank accounts.
- Match invoices to packing slips and POs. reviewing that quantities match and resolving any discrepancies. Record AP in Sage 50 Accounting by supplier. Follow up on credits for pending RGAs and enter vendor credits as needed into Sage 50.
- Complete check runs at least twice a month following Corporate policies and approval processes.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial and operational reports, including working with management to understand unusual trends or budget-vs-actual deviations.
- Perform close process activities, including calculating and posting adjusting journal entries, researching and documenting unusual GL account trends or budget-vs-actual deviations, and preparing close process reporting.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly, including researching and resolving all reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Actively maintain the subledgers and supporting documentation for fixed asset, prepaids, accrued expenses, and debt.
- Prepare and support others in preparing check requests, including assigning appropriate coding to invoices and credit card statements.
- Participate in project teams related to POS system, production process tracking, inventory management, and other issues that may affect accounting records, as requested.
- Perform periodic physical inventories at Lightstyles warehouses.
- Regularly communicate with Lightstyles management to understand upcoming changes or trends that may affect accounting and identify areas for improvement in current accounting or operational processes.
- Performs additional duties as required and requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.