Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of accounting functions, ensuring the maintenance of proper operations and accurate records. May serve as a lead worker.
- Review or process purchase orders; verify accounts payable invoices, ensure timely and correct payment, and maintain vendor files; oversee, process and account for monies in accounts receivable/payable area; prepare checks
- Create and maintain PC spreadsheets to ensure proper tracking of funds; prepares or reviews various complex monthly statistical reports; monitor departmental budgets
- Oversee or prepare bank deposits and daily cash balance reports; verify and code revenue; reconcile bank statements; report cash flow needs for payment of invoices/bills
- May answer complaints and questions from other departments or the general public
- May oversee or process payroll documents, confirming timesheets and overtime, verifying deductions, charging appropriate accounts, maintaining records of leave accrual and payment of insurance premiums
- Perform other duties as required
- Five (5) years of bookkeeping, accounting or closely related office or clerical experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting or business practices and methods
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of public relations/customer service principles, practices and techniques
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Skill in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- High School diploma or GED
- SAP Financial and Commercial experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability