“Total quality mindset” and effective “corporate social responsibility” are two key corporate goals of AHM. This job contributes to these goals by enabling the Tax Department to accurately report and pay its tax liabilities to various tax authorities and also to accurately report taxes for the benefit of internal and external stakeholders. This position enables AHM to meet its legal and regulatory requirements in order to be a “company that society wants to exist.” The job contributes to the overall state and local tax compliance requirements and is an important contributor towards departmental business plan themes. This job is principally responsible for mitigating financial risk associated with indirect tax audits; including, but not limited to sales, use, personal property, real property, gross receipts, and payroll.
- Coordinate indirect tax audits and timely finalize sales, use, personal property, real property, gross receipts, and payroll tax audit findings to minimize audit liabilities. Must be highly experienced with multijurisdictional indirect tax audit defense procedures and strategies. Highly skilled in tax research and case law, as well as a proficient user of RIA Checkpoint. Must routinely keep abreast to external tax technical publications to keep informed of approved and pending indirect tax legislation, as well as cases related to indirect tax at various levels of appeal.
- Provide leadership and support to ongoing indirect tax projects and business plan themes. Must be knowledgeable in sales, use, real property, personal property, gross receipts, and payroll tax compliance to serve as a reviewer, as needed.
- Research important indirect tax issues; support tax technology updates for all indirect tax and accounting systems; able to apply technical expertise to new and existing business activities to mitigate tax exposure and assure compliance to external statutes and internal controls.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field (required)
- JD, CPA, CMI, Masters in Accounting, Masters in Taxation, (preferred)
- Continual technical education in statutory and regulatory environment
- Ten years experience in state and local audit defense, with an added emphasis on sales, use, and property tax.
- Ten years in multistate indirect tax compliance for retail or manufacturing company.
- very strong communicator and highly analytical. Must be able to think creatively within tax conceptual framework and successfully communicate through both verbal and written mediums at a very high level.
- Highly organized, works independently and reliably.
- Project Management and the ability to lead and support teams.
Competitive Base Pay Medical, Dental, Vision
Remote Work Opportunities Bonus Program
401K Program Honda Product Programs
Company Lease Car Program
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.