The Senior Accountant will be responsible for segment level tax compliance (sales tax), intercompany accounting, fixed assets, month-end close assistance and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform month-end accounting close entries in the areas of fixed assets, intercompany, amortization, and sales taxes.
- Perform sales and use tax reporting; maintain compliance.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset records, including asset additions and disposals and monthly reporting.
- Perform various requests and data analysis, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- 4+ years of accounting experience is required.
- CPA License is preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically in Excel.
- ERP system knowledge and experience is required.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with other team members and explain/present accounting and financial related information.
- Solid math skills required.
- Cognitive and rational thinking skills required, with an ability to understand accounting and mathematical problems and resolutions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is subject to Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involved sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- This position is subject to the following physical activities: walking, talking, and hearing.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.