We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage and report accurately and on a timely basis the accounts of Roboteq Inc US
- Key member of team responsible for driving the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with M&D Business Units regarding any relevant issues that affect accuracy of the financial data
Responsibilities, duties, and tasks:
- Carry out Admin tasks such as: invoice review and processing, expense accounts review.
- Carry out month end tasks including journal entries for incoming/ outgoing invoices, payments, expense reports, closing ledgers and relevant analysis like PPV, Price.
- Maintaining the general ledger and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing, preparing, and posting journals for accruals
- Analyze the accounts in the TB and the costings impacting the month.
- Provide financial information and reporting packages to M&D Consolidation Team on a monthly/ quarterly basis
- Liaise with STL Share Service team for tax related and other reporting tasks
- Review Yearly Statutory financial statements including underlying specifications
- Carry out quarterly/yearly processes like E&O, Cost rollup, Physical Inventory
- Maintains company confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Filing and maintaining all files, records, and documents as per the company procedures and guidelines
- Prepare specifications / reconciliations and gather the documentation requested by the external auditor for the Statutory Audit process
- Prepare and/or update the budget/ forecast, compare and analyze versus actual result from various points of view, identify the causes of variations and reflect them on future forecasts
- University degree or internationally recognized professional qualification in Business, Finance or similar
- Strong accounting / financial analysis background (3 years)
- Strong Excel skills
- IT literate with basic understanding of Business Intelligence software, ERP systems and financial consolidation tools (knowledge of Oracle would be advantageous)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs
- Presentation skills, including verbal, phone, and writing
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial statements - Income Statement, Balance Sheet, cash flow, financial and business plans, budgets and financial reports
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, enjoys facing new challenges and has a positive attitude to change
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible in their approach to work and working hours
- Enjoys being in challenging situations in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.