Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Perform accounting and reporting duties primarily focused on the accounting close process. Responsibilities include recording journal entries, performing financial analysis and account reconciliations among other duties.
- Complete assigned duties as part of the accounting close process. Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to tasks which include recording journal entries, and research and analysis among other duties.
- Analyze financial and operational data and communicate results timely and effectively to management.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation through system queries, research, investigation of reconciling items and resolution.
- Review processes for improvements as changes occur or new requirements are added to the month-end close process. Use knowledge gained in making recommendations that are practical and which gain efficiencies.
- Perform other accounting and special projects as assigned.
- May work on tasks that are routine or vary in nature depending on the assignment; usually implements solution through individual effort.
- Collaborates within the department or work group and has interaction with external colleagues.
- Works under moderate supervision and has some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group
- Has no direct budget oversight; may be responsible for tracking performance to predetermined budget.
- Does not directly manage people, functions, projects or programs; may be asked to lead certain functions/projects as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related area and three (3) years of Accounting experience; OR
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area and one (1) year of accounting experience
- • Mining experience
- • Fixed Asset accounting experience
- • CMA or CPA
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is mostly performed in an office setting
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability