Responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepare and maintain various financial statements and reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Prepares basic to complex balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Prepares and enters journal entries on general ledger accounts. Audits journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records for accuracy.
- Prepares basic to complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements , amortization and depreciation schedules and other financial reports. Prepares ad hoc reports on a routine basis.
- Analyzes financial reports and records and makes recommendations relative to account reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Answers general ledger account related inquires and/or routes inquires to the appropriate department/associate.
- Analyzes operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenue and expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.