Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Senior Accountant who works with the accounting team and assists in providing AR and AP compliance along with reporting the financial statements for the business; including the balance sheet, statement of retained earnings, income statement and statement of cash flows. Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and any additional governmental compliance requirements.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Is responsible to keeping AR in compliance within terms, and reporting and investigating any AR issues
- Assists in providing the financial statements for the business, including the balance sheet, statement of retained earnings, income statement and statement of cash flows
- Maintains general ledger subledgers for balance sheet, processes monthly journal entries, and assists with monthly financial statements
- Participates in the monthly close process by generating various journal entries, preparing required reconciliations, and analytically reviewing specific general ledger accounts for accuracy and proper valuation
- Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares all related financial reports and statements
- Maintains facility fixed asset records including the property tax supporting documentation
- Maintains governmental filing requirements, including sales tax, property tax, corporate annual filings, and ITAR reports
- Assists accounting team in the data package for annual company internal audits in the Finance Accounting and Control Function
- Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or governmental requirements
- Maintain cost accounting system, analyze inventory valuations, calculate and provide explanations for gross margin analysis and calculate inventory reserve, warranty reserve and overhead allocation
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Working knowledge of basic data query and manipulation concepts. Relevant experience includes basic relational database queries, reconciliation of multiple data sources, and data integration maintenance
- Experience with reporting toolset from pivot tables to enterprise level tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation
Years’ Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding and experience in financial accounting and control processes, while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to maintain AR ledger and proactively resolve issues that arise pertaining to AR
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations and analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment and precedents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong excel knowledge required, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
- Previous experience in manufacturing strongly preferred
- CPA or CMA certification a plus
- Independent self-starter motivated to meet goals
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.