View more related jobs
Senior Cost Accountant
COST ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATION
- Plan, study and collect data to determine cost of business activity such as raw material purchases, labor and overhead.
- Review and update standard costs of all products
- Maintain cost and accounting views of the material master for new and existing products.
- Review vendor co pack operations and ensure that costs are accounted for properly.
- Develop/maintain models for application of overhead to production processes.
- Coordinate Business Process Flow to capture proper gross margin, production variances, invoicing, and packing costs.
- Analyze monthly production variances; summarize cause and effect, and corrective action required.
- Design cost estimates for new products and continue reviewing changes in existing products or service costs and recommend cost efficiencies.
- Conduct profitability analysis on requested customers/products.
- Perform independent specialized accounting functions of a complex nature in SAP environment for new products or services and provide technical advice in team structures.
- Understand brokerage fees based on contract rates to be able to set up conditions for the budget.
- Develop/maintain models for absorption of freight costs from all sources.
- Perform over/under absorption cost analysis and reporting for all aspects of freight.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and revised forecasts.
- Compile cost information to be used in operating budget and forecast preparation.
- Furnish monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses and reports for senior management
- Provide sales and cost data for insurance purposes.
- Develop SAP modification for improvements to existing procedures and new business structure flow.
- Maintain Business Process Procedures for cost accounting area.
- Accounting Technical Advisor on special projects.
- Assist in other inter-departmental activities as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued personal and professional growth and development.
- Exercise tact and discretion in interpersonal contacts.
- Respect confidentiality of privileged information.
- Bachelor of Science- Accounting or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in cost/financial accounting.
Special skills, certifications, and expertise required:
- Excel, SAP Application