To monitor company cost performance and ensure accurate costing of products, while maintaining compliance with applicable policies and regulations in a manufacturing environment.
- Reviews and analyzes job profitability, and historical job cost data and trends.
- Provides continual feedback on job cost performance to program managers and functional departments, and initiates corrective action.
- Estimates cost at completion for all jobs.
- Prepares monthly Statement of Operations, including calculation of cost of sales and backlog.
- Prepares various financial forecasts: sales, profit, manpower, etc.
- Estimates labor and material costs for new bids as required.
- Performs various statistical analysis and operational performance analysis
- Reviews cost estimating packages for Truth In Negotiation Act (TINA) bids and support Contracts department in contract negotiations.
- Revenue Recognition Compliance for both overtime (POC) and point in time (Bill & Ship) contracts
- Ensures compliance with applicable financial policies and regulations (FAR, DFAR).
- Responds to and fulfills external audit requests.
- BA/BS degree (accounting/finance field preferred)
- 5 years related experience in accounting
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in a manufacturing organization
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Ability and willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines
- DoD contracting experience
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR
- Process improvement experience
- Experience transitioning legacy accounting systems to a new one
- Detail oriented
- Leadership skills
- Ability to influence and extract information from other functions
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: if you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org