Manages all accounting activities related to reporting requirements, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and adherence to deadlines as required directly at the corporate office.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
What you'll do
- Accounts receivable, including invoice preparation & issuance, review, problem resolution, bank deposits and cash posting
- Account payable, including invoice entry, problem resolution, distribute for approvals and preparation of various payments methods
- Account reconciliation, problem resolution. Journal entry preparation and posting
- Cash reporting
- Month end closing procedures including monthly journal entries, performance of month-end close and month end invoicing.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of a BS degree in Accounting of Business Administration
- Pursuit of Certified Public Accountant license or working towards an advance degree is preferable
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
- Experience with SAP is desirable
- Proficient with Excel
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.