This Flex Schedule (halftime work from home- halftime work from office) Folsom or Healdsburg, CA based position is responsible for analyzing, generating and presenting financial information as it pertains to financial transactions, budgets, and accounting information with limited supervision for the Healdsburg/Folsom organization. Additional key responsibilities include internal auditing, CAS/FAR/GAAP/FAP compliance, and Sarbanes Oxley reporting.
General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Major Position Responsibilities
Provide accounting support to the Healdsburg/Folsom organization including:
- Maintains asset, liability and equity accounts
- Completes month end close journal entries and account reconciliations with approvals within the delegation of authority
- Generates financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows) on a monthly basis
- Responsible for quarterly Balance Sheet reviews and monthly account analysis for various accrual accounts, cash forecasting, payroll, incentive compensations accruals and calculation of Forward Pricing Rates and Incurred Costs submissions to the Government
- Upholds accounting controls by following internal policies and procedures, CAS/FAR, FAP, US GAAP, and SOX
- Oversight on customer invoice process, including interdivisional invoices (IDI)
- Completes internal audit to ensure financial and accounting compliance
- Support external audit requirements
- Performs ad-hoc reporting (e.g. tax, backlog, supplemental) and analysis as requested
- Processes accounts payable for the Healdsburg/Folsom organization, working closely with the FSC in Home Office
- Provides financial/administrative support cross-functionally
- Assist finance department in designing, creating, modifying, updating and publishing standardized reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of accounting systems including general ledger
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, FAR/CAS
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands with time constraints
- Team oriented and adaptable to changing environments
- Able to understand instructions, perform complex modeling, and reporting tasks with limited supervision
- Advanced use in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience. BS/MS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration Preferred. 5+ years of applicable experience.