Part time position that assists in managing accounting activities related to reporting requirements, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and adherence to deadlines as required directly at plant level and requested by Corporate.
Who we are
At SMS Group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth and inclusion. We offer company events, activities and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities we are located in.
What you'll do
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and ensuring accuracy of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS (as required).
- Analyze data and inform management of significant changes in cost trends, material cost analysis, or customer profitability, which will result in bottom line improvements.
- Assist with monthly financial closings.
- Prepare Balance Sheet GL account reconciliations monthly.
- Reconcile WIP, Storeroom, Accounts Payable, including accruals & Accounts Receivable details to general ledger account balances daily.
- Timely processing of Accounts Payable invoicing, and A/P entry into the Business System.
- Timely invoicing to customers and subsequent cost clearing.
- Understand, prepare and analyze key financial metrics.
- Present and discuss key financial metrics to plant management.
- Assist with Inventory cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Review aged inventory and present information to plant management and develop plans to reduce company liability.
- Prepare a wide variety of costing and reports and analyze information as necessary.
- Assist plant management in determining and evaluating trends and variances in production.
- Produce ad hoc reports and queries for corporate and plant management.
What you'll need
- Accounting experience in an industrial environment is a plus
- Experience with general accounting practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong financial analysis abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
- General office environment.
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do …
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.