What do the cell phone in your pocket, a spaceship, and an electric vehicle have in common?
Ellsworth Adhesives specs in materials in each of those products. Ellsworth, an industry leading global distributor of specialty chemicals, currently has an Account Specialist opportunity at Ellsworth Adhesives - Specialty Chemical Distribution, located in Sparks, NV.
Click here to find out more about the markets we serve and here to learn about our consumer and manufacturing products!
This position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key accounts, entering orders and quotes, developing new customers, following up sales leads and providing customer service. Account Specialists generate business and interest in Ellsworth Adhesives from new and existing customers through relationship building. This position will work closely with Engineering Sales Representatives (ESR' s) or Sales Management on target accounts and large opportunities requiring technical assistance.
- Associate's degree (college or technical) in a related field of study and 5+ years of Inside Sales, Account Management, Customer Service or other related industrial experience and/or training preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent at the discretion of Human Resources and the hiring Manager.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer purchase orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully individuals must be proficient on a personal computer and have knowledge of ERP Systems, Contract Management Systems, Intelex, Distribution Systems, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Order Processing Systems, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software.
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more! Click Here for a summary of Employee Benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication with external prospects and customers
- Manage all communication channels with customer including telephone, in-person, email, live chat and customer online portals
- Serve as face of the organization to customer contacts always maintaining profession image and portraying the values of the Ellsworth organization
- Present benefits for doing business with Ellsworth Adhesives
- Closing the sale by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and consistently moving the customer towards commitment
- Communication on quote and order related topics including:
- Product availability, pricing, order details and status, delivery and return logistics, price increases and material changes and discontinuations
Customer order life cycle management
- Coordinate the customer order from beginning to end ensuring optimal customer experience throughout
- Life cycle management responsibilities include:
- Review customer Request for Quote (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO) to evaluate and document customer requirements in ERP, Warehouse Management System and Quality Management System
- Accurately translate customer level 1,2 and 3 requirements RFQs and POs into Quotes and Orders in ERP system
- Evaluating order fulfillment status for assigned customers and orders
- Resolving order credit and material hold situations
- Review and take action on unapproved orders, expiring quotations, customer credit and return (RMA) requests and order required date portals
- Manage order cycle from order acceptance to shipping confirmation on customer hosted websites and portals
Partner with outside sales representative for territory and business development
- Work with outside sales representative to identify and prospect account opportunities within the territory
- Complete prospecting calls to potential customers, capturing information in CRM and scheduling follow up calls for account penetration
- Participate in targeted marketing campaigns, follow up on sales leads while proficiently utilizing CRM
- Strategically target up-selling existing accounts, focusing on uncovering new opportunities
- Review customer buying history verses current demand to identify potential lost business
Coordination and communication with internal partners and departments to efficiently and timely handle customer requests including:
- Coordinating order logistics and requirements with Distribution
- Servicing Vendor Managed Inventory programs with ePlus
- Developing response to customer bid request with Sourcing
- Answering requests for supplier documentation with Purchasing
- Establishing customer accounts and credit with Credit
- Resolution of customer open invoice issues with Accounting
- Review of customer requirements with Quality
- Provide back up coverage for other team members when requested.
To apply, follow the link to our careers site to submit your Resume & Wage Expectations in response to this posting. Candidates who have not applied previously will be asked to register, create a username and password at http://careers.ellsworth.com.
Ellsworth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, pregnancy, genetics, or any other legally-protected status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation for any part of our employment process, please follow the instructions on our Accessibility Accommodation for Applicant page of our Careers website.
Ellsworth Corporation is an industry leading global corporation, we specialize in the distribution, manufacturing and custom packaging of adhesives, specialty chemicals and dispensing equipment. We stand apart from the competition by going above and beyond high quality products. We offer expert assistance, valuable services, decades of experience, and a host of resources to ensure we're providing the best possible solution for our customers’ applications.