Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Location: Savannah, GA
Assist in planning and implementing effective strategies to recruit, retain and manage sponsor organizations and relationships to achieve established blood collection goals. Develop potential Sponsor leads. Educate Sponsor chairpersons and recruitment committees in organizational requirements. Provide ongoing support to Sponsors and implement appropriate special donor recruitment programs. Provide follow-up accurate record keeping in the system and support sponsor recognition. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
- Identify, develop and implement creative strategies to attract, manage and retain potential blood drive Sponsors and feeder groups for existing blood drives to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual collection goals.
- Identify and apply appropriate methods to ensure efficient scheduling of blood drives by assigned Sponsors to meet blood collection goals.
- Provide sufficient organizational and operational support to sponsor contact to ensure achievement of collection operation and annual goals.
- Schedule and implement education programs for Sponsor contact, recruitment committees, line volunteers and volunteer telerecruiters within assigned groups to assist in meeting collection objectives and to comply with all ARCBS directives, Code of Federal Regulations, local operating procedures and other related regulatory requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of the community, its government, demographics and organizations. Apply that knowledge to all aspects of servicing Sponsor groups and the expansion of the blood program.
- Coordinate activities with appropriate collections personnel to ensure a positive Sponsor and donor experience and smooth, efficient operations.
- Maintain accurate records in Hemasphere to provide tracking and statistical data on Sponsor group performance.
- Appropriately utilize tools, technology and strategy provided by the organization to enhance customer service, efficiency and productivity. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Minimum one-year related experience in marketing, sales, communications or related field; or an equivalent combination required.
- Business to Business sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively are required.
- Good oral and written communications skills, including training and presentation skills is required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization.
- May require the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. May include sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
- The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights