The Account Representative - Air Import is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liaison for assigned shipments.
Geodis is one of the world’s largest freight forwarding companies with a global reach and presence in 67 countries. At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite amount of career opportunities.
No matter what position you’re in – you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Account Representative – Air Import duties:
• Coordinating and executing shipments to ensure excellent customer service levels
• Maintain communication with customers, carriers, overseas agents, and vendors
• Handles accounting processes; including price negotiations, on-time billing, zero demurrage mindset, rate calculations, price conversions, profit and loss analysis
What will set you apart as a GEODIAN?
• Incredible work ethic
• Embrace the GEODIS culture
What will make you successful in this role?
• Positive Attitude, attention to detail, high-level of customer service, and ability to multi-task
• High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the importation of goods or an equivalent combination of both education and experience
• Knowledge of the movement of freight via ocean
• Knowledge of Government Agency requirements
• Ability to occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds
Join us as we logistic your CAREER growth!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.