Havtech’s growing Accounting Department is looking for an entry-level AR Specialist to join our growing accounts receivable team. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for contacting customers to collect on open balances and resolve billing disputes while maintaining a positive relationship with the customer to facilitate future business. The focus of this position will be on collections and exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
• Initiate outbound collection calls & emails to customers.
• Foster relationships with customers to facilitate positive future communication.
• Advise customers of overdue amounts and arrange payment plans.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers by telephone and email to investigate complaints, verify the accuracy of charges, and correct errors on accounts.
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies and adjust accounts as needed using problem-solving and follow-up skills.
• Recommend additional collections efforts with outside collections agencies as appropriate.
• Collaborate with internal parties (i.e., Sales department, Credit Manager, etc.) to identify and resolve issues.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, following company policies and team expectations.
• Fill out and return customer credit reference requests.
• Research lien waiver documentation for review by the credit manager.
• Assist with cash application as needed.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the President or Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.