OBJECTIVE: The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accurate processing of vendor and supplier invoices and ensuring discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
- Accurately enter all General AP into Nexus bill pay system
- Timely processing of all Supplier AP
- Work with applicable departments to address variances and discrepancies
- Assist with annual and periodic audit requests
- Execute reporting to corporate standards
- Reconcile and processes complex statements from logistics companies spanning multiple months
- Create payment batches based on due dates and knowledge of company priorities
- Process physical checks and execute ACH payments
- Manage coding of supplier credits and customer credit refunds
- Reconciliation of daily customer delivery invoices
- Work with Operations and Sales departments to resolve missing customer invoices
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree preferred
- 3-5 years proven experience in billing
- Proficient in EXCEL
- Basic understanding of double-ledger accounting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage own workflow
- This is not a remote-work position. Must be on-site daily in Whitehouse Station, NJ.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment and drug screen.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.