Ingredion is hiring an Account Manager responsible for our Systems and Ingredient Solutions sales territory in the Southeast region of the United States. The Account Manager will manage all commercial activity at customers in the territory, as well as develop new business opportunities. The Account Manager will also coordinate cross-functional teams (e.g. Technical Service, Marketing and Sales) to assist in maximizing profitability for the region.
As an Account Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategic account plans including account strategies, defined objectives, milestones and specific opportunities to create long term value for customers. Establish strategic relationships with key accounts to sell products, services and alternative solutions to create a competitive advantage for the customer.
- Aligning resources and setting priorities to address key business opportunities within the region.
- Create solutions based on implicit customer needs. Apply deep understanding of customer strategy and an understanding of explicit and implicit customer needs to create value. Quantify and articulate the current and potential value created for the customer. Identify opportunities to solve customer problems with existing products or new requirements.
- Negotiate annual contracts with customers and manage the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts. Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFPs.
- Continually reinforces value proposition with the customer. Construct and deliver persuasive sales presentations to diverse audiences. Handle audience questions while continually reinforcing key elements of the value propositions.
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication with the field sales group in order to better communicate all issues related to pricing, market trends, sales initiatives, technical requirements, new product development applications and overall market direction. Understand the competitive landscape, monitor competitive developments and activities of competitors in the marketplace. Maintain communication with customer service and credit to assure both customer needs and contract obligations are being met. Communicate with demand planning team for timely and accurate forecasting. Effectively communicate this information to management and sales team members.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food Science, Chemical Engineering). MBA a plus.
- 3+ years of direct sales or technical sales experience with focus in the food and beverage industry.
- Proven track record of managing and penetrating complex accounts and delivering results; preferably to processors/manufacturers in the food industry.
- Motivated, self-starting professional with excellent communication skills both written and oral. Skilled at preparing and delivering both technical and business presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong relationships to generate sales & profitability.
- Proven record of growing revenue and managing financial dealings with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate many complex activities / projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead activities of a cross-functional team to deliver results.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com knowledge a benefit.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (including overnight)
- Proven negotiation skills.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Yes, Within Country