Achieve the revenue targets set by the company while positively representing and upholding the Envigo brand and standards during all customer and prospect interactions.
This job contributes to organizational success by:
- Meeting with current and prospective customers to identify their needs and provide solutions utilizing Envigo products and services
- Maintaining CRM (Salesforce.com) database with updated customer information as well as updated sales funnel management of business opportunities including monthly forecasting and analysis as required.
- Providing consultative solutions that create a collaborative relationship to address the unique needs of our customers
- Developing and executing strategic account plans, managing in-field activities to qualify leads and close business to deliver territory growth.
- Maintaining an effective territory 30-60-90-Day rolling Business Plan, to maximize effectiveness and travel efficiency.
- Acquiring competitive intelligence with respect to current pricing, new products, problems and market changes.
- Demonstrating effective use of product knowledge and use of technical and marketing material.
- Maintaining a strong technical knowledge of products and services.
- Providing customer feedback regarding products, product problems, product changes or opportunities, and new product design.
- Investigating and resolving customer problems.
- Working effectively with cross functional departments.
- Developing business opportunities and leads during scientific meetings.
Individual Training & Development
- Stay current on all required training.
- Collaborate with and solicit help from other Envigo staff as needed.
- 3+ years sales experience in the life sciences marketplace working with large academic and government accounts or CRO required.
- Bachelor’s in Life or Animal Science or other applicable area or equivalent combination of Associate’s in Veterinary Technology and industry knowledge required.
- AALAS Certification preferred.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to travel upwards of 60%; domestic. Must live in Bay Area.