DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed in order of relevance:
- The account manager will be responsible to establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts and assigned territories, with a primary focus on 3-4 accounts to develop detailed account plans.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, Customer Support Managers, Greenfield team, service and management resources to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, and strategic objectives in assigned accounts, by winning orders, providing an easy migration path for customers, driving upgrade and retrofit projects, eliminating threats and supporting the GF team in project stages.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer’s needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Pipeline Growth: Meets 30% CAGR of specific accounts measured in SLX.
- Funnel Velocity Metrics
- % of customer share on key accounts
- Marketing Campaign Launches: Follow through and complete Marketing Campaign launches within the communicated schedule and track progress in SLX within three (3) business days of making the contact with the customer.
- Achieves strategic account plan objectives as defined in the Account Management template.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of assigned account’s profile, organizational structure, financial analysis, current installed base (if applicable), pursuit opportunities and competitor information.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-5 years of related experience in a technical field required. Preference given to experience with turbomachinery applications.
- Experience in an engineering process or other technical environment is preferred.
- Experience in successful account sales in local geographical territory preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Business acumen, understands customer needs, how customers make money, and how to link that to the needs we are capable of fulfilling.
- Commercial Acumen, knows how we need to position vs competition, how do we price to win, how we structure a deal to win, and how we reduce risk while winning.
- Ability to mobilize internal and external resources to win or position to win and improve CCC’s status in the overall buy-sell hierarchy
- Relationship development in high value accounts
- Demonstrated contract negotiation skills
- Exceptional presentation & communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and mobilize internal and external resources
- Sensitivity to territory business culture
- High dollar, solution value sales process knowledge
- Experience with planning, budgeting, forecasting and other management tools to analyze, plan and direct business programs.
- Proven record of success in sales and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- Proven ability to efficiently use all Microsoft Office products and CRM system.
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Extensive travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to manipulate computer input devices, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must have sufficient mobility to enable travel to industrial sites, offices, and facilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer - The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)