Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:
1. Targets, solicits and secures new business.
a. Gains and maintains knowledge of market and actively competes/works to increase market share.
b. Develops target accounts and plans/achieves goals. c. Develops strong relationships with key decision makers.
2. Maintains and grows Accounts.
a. Delivers exceptional service to a diverse set of customer types by understanding and proactively responding to their needs.
b. Retain existing customers
c. Expanding existing accounts
d. Develops strong partnerships with sales team, branch employees and vendor representatives.
e. Collaborates with vendor representatives in planning, targeting, and positioning efforts.
3. Learns, understands, and can explain product lines. 4. Prepares/creates necessary documentation and reporting.
a. Prepares and submits accurate and timely activity reports
b. Maintains account records.
c. Tracks and monitors customer activity.
Performs similar and related duties to achieve objectives while using methods consistent with the FinishMaster culture.
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent.
1. One-year certificate from college or technical school with emphasis in product usage or bachelor’s degree.
Competencies and Experience:
1. 1 – 3 years previous outside sales experience (or industry/related experience) with ability to drive new business, rather than simply service existing business.
2. Professional/customer service-oriented demeanor.
3. Must be able to make a great first impression and build instant rapport.
4. Ability to successfully communicate with customers, vendors and coworkers.
5. Must be highly organized and demonstrate attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
6. Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as work well in a team
. 7. Experience in a position that deals directly with customers (front-line).
8. Ability to work well in a fast-paced competitive field environment.
1. 3 - 5 years of outside sales experience (or industry/related experience) preferred.
2. Previous sales support or customer service experience.
3. Familiar with industry paint lines.
4. Functional computer skills.
As a full-time FinishMaster employee you are eligible for a competitive benefits package including:
Employee discounts & assistance program
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Life insurance & short-term disability
Paid time off & holiday pay
401K Contributions and Investments
FinishMaster is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.