The Account Manager for Navy accounts will develop and manage strategic and tactical relationships with clients and teaming partners as well as lead captures on business development (sales) pursuits.
- Responsible for leading new business opportunities (including contracts and task orders) from the early identification phase of the opportunity through the final submittal, spanning Sources Sought, Requests for Information (RFIs) or Requests for Proposal (RFPs). This will include the development of capture plans; win themes, budget development and budget execution.
- Support the data integrity, fidelity, and maintenance of all BD opportunities in the business opportunity database or Sales Force.
- Will support cross selling across the Federal Business unit and APTIM as a whole.
- Coordinate and serve as the key liaison with other business line functions in support of opportunities and captures to include Proposal group, Estimating, Project Controls, Finance, and Engineering, Operations, Contracts and Subcontracting teams.
- Will be responsible for all actions related to Navy Accounts, including USACE, ACC, MICC, USAEC.
- Will work with Proposal Managers to understand the federal proposal process as it relates to the US Navy and USACE. DOD specific Capture/Proposal experience is important.
- This role requires exceptional communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, ability to motivate, and have "can do" attitude. The ideal candidate will work as part of a larger business development team to coordinate and help develop winning solutions to client RFPs. This includes interaction with Business Development & Strategy Leads, Project Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and Technical Professionals. The Capture Manager working with the Proposal Manager must be able to coordinate the proposal team and to translate the winning business solution into a winning proposal.
- Other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Has in-depth expertise within U.S. Federal Government Sales or Business Development for Navy customers.
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering or other technical discipline, a P.E.would be a plus
- Ideally, 10-20 years of recent Federal experience in Engineering, Construction, Contracting, Environmental compliance/remediation (radiological, decontamination, decommissioning, etc.)
- Experience in resolving operational, customer, employee or technical problems
- Capability to manage professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff.
- Ability to determine client needs, develop win themes and proposal to meet or exceed client expectations. Experience working on RFPs.
- APTIM strongly recommends, but does not require, that its employees receive vaccination against COVID-19. We do require employees to provide information about their vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not."