ChampionX has an immediate need for an Account Manager
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growing company offering competitive pay and benefits
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and technology
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives. Leverage external network to pursue business opportunities within assigned territory
- Generate and execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals
- Regularly engage in Health Check (audit) of current accounts
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by actively participating in District/Regional/Corporate initiatives
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within ChampionX, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs
- Support/lead trial of new technologies and proactively show initiative by bringing ideas and new technologies to the District
- Initiate and lead sales campaigns within District
- Demonstrate versatility by calling on all levels of the customer organization
- Lead, coach and mentor less experienced sales representatives and managers on diverse topics
- Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree 5+ years of industry (oilfield chemicals) experience
- Ability to travel within assigned sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role (US Only)
- Up to 10% overnight travel required to support sales territory
- May be required to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high.
- Role is deemed safety-senstitive and may be subject to employer or customer drug testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 5-7 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- 5-7 years of experience directly related to well service stimulation business
- Experience in oil and gas industry
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn internal business systems)
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Prior experience that demonstrates strong ethics, effective time management, ability to multitask, adaptability, autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Mechanically Inclined
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.