Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary. The Manager of Strategic Accounts is the primary designated on-site Avendra representative dedicated to the client’s corporate support staff, located in the client’s corporate office. The primary role of the Manager of Strategic Accounts is to fulfill the business imperatives and strategic objectives as outlined in the client plan. In the primary contact role, the Strategic Accounts Manager builds account relationships from a service and economic perspective, ensuring high customer satisfaction with existing Avendra programs and offering greater penetration of Avendra offerings within the client organization, where applicable.
Position Reports to Director, Account Management
- Interface with Account Director, aligning all efforts in support of strategy and business goals outlined in the client plan
- Understand client needs for changes to existing or new products and services and advocate/represent within Avendra to accomplish client goals
- Maintain excellent relationships with key client contacts at the corporate and regional offices and maintain awareness of key operational contacts at the property level.
- “Become trusted and important team member of the client corporate support team”.
- Understand the roles of key contacts within the client organization
- Maintain high account satisfaction with Avendra
- Develop and implement objectives to increase client’s participation with Avendra programs. Work with client leadership to implement participation plan improvements
- Monitor Avendra program performance. Act as key on-site Avendra designate to resolve performance or service issues and capture Avendra ‘wins’ whereby the Avendra solution has demonstrated improvement
- Quickly and actively assist in resolving supplier issues on behalf of client
- Actively assist with development and implementation of new initiatives and programs of client
- Facilitate discussions and issue resolution with appropriate internal Avendra departments as needed on client’s behalf
- Measure results against objectives
- Educate on Avendra’s business model and value proposition
- Provide client with reoccurring reporting , to include custom reporting as requested
- Assist client with VCA payment program goals by identifying suppliers to onboard
- Travel to regional meetings as needed, making presentations about Avendra and client’s usage of programs. Travel to key property locations for relationship development, implementation of key programs or issue resolution work will also be necessary
- Provide support for additional Accounts
- Planning and Organization
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Effective Written and Oral Communications
- Conflict Management
- Relationship Building
- Influencing Others (P3 and above)
Other Duties. Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands. This is largely a sedentary role with some light lifting of files possibly needed.
- Strong understanding of procurement/supply chain management in Hospitality segment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with the regional and corporate office support departments
- The ability to use “good business judgement” and balance being an advocate for the client’s interests
- Ability to “make things happen”, either in troubleshooting role or in increasing the penetration of Avendra’s offerings where applicable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills required, turning data into knowledge and knowledge into action
Overnight Travel Requirements. Type: All modes of transportation, percentage 10-25%, length: 1-2 nights
Years of Relevant Experience. 2-3 years of experience in the hospitality idustry
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience